Sunday, March 05, 2006

Pick your Oscar battle

Not that I refuse to change the topic, but here are my picks for the Oscars.

- Best movie: Brokeback Mountain
- Best actor in a supporting role: Jake Gyllenhaal (altough I was also impressed with Matt Dillon in Crash)
- Writing (Original screenplay): Crash (I wish I saw Match Point)

I should know, I've seen about 10% of the movies nominated this year.

Update: Please, give me some points for purposefully not predicting that Heath Ledger would win. He mumbled so much in Brokeback Mountain that I could hardly understand what he was saying. No Oscar for you.

2 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I can make a recommendation, see "Capote" - Philip Seymour Hoffman absolutely killed. He deserved his award.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Mozza said...

I read somewhere that Hoffman knew that it was the role of his career. It's great that he got the Oscar.

Following your advice, I now have to wait for a second independent opinion. Just kidding: it's on my list when it gets on the DVD shelves. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home