Friday, February 24, 2006

MyBook Pro

I'm disappointed with the new MacBook Pro from Apple. It doesn't look as good as my Titanium PowerBook - which remains a piece of ageless beauty to the geek in me. The MacBook Pro just doesn't have that pure elegance, that little something that makes a shape look like it's always been there, as is the case for the TiBook. Also source of grief:

  • The screen is noticeably smaller.
  • The MacBook Pro is not really thinner, something you'd expect after all those years.
  • Battery life is shorter. This is quite disappointing, although probably due to the new processors.
  • The standard hard drive is still only 80 Go.
  • And I don't like the name, MacBook Pro.

But you know what is it to be part of the Apple cult?

I'll probably get one anyway.

(secret: but I might wait for the next revision)

2 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

Sigh, I've got a Toshiba Satellite ... feel better about MacBook Pro now?

And it's spent the last 3 years travelling with me, having various providers set up in various locations, and it forgave me for spilling red wine on the keyboard however it did insist that I use an external keyboard ever after.

4000 years ago, the first computer I 'owned' was an Apple Classic ... now I'm kind of curious about the Apple Fuss that is going around. I'm ready to replace my 'baby' ...

Note to self: must become a legal resident and find work

Anyway, will be curious to read of what you end up buying. :)

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Mozza said...

My first computer was a used Apple Classic II - used, but still pretty recent at the time. Ever since, I've never questioned my choice and stayed with the resistance. I stopped a few years ago trying to convince people to switch to Mac; I realized it's much funnier be the underdog. I've shown way too much patience with my stunning PowerBook: broken hinge, fizzy screen, dead firewire and what else. But I see no greener grass. Come back with us and see for yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home