Saturday, February 18, 2006

Readers, this is Leonard

We're news addict, but we wouldn't read anything. So time for me to introduce a personal favourite: Leonard Pitts Jr. from the Miami Herald. I discovered him about a year ago when he won the Pulitzer. After reading his winning columns, I thought that he absolutely deserved it.

He's a gifted writer. He carries original ideas, like his pick on affirmative action: "White men are the biggest beneficiaries of affirmative action this country has ever seen." He sounds both passionate and reflexive.

Yesterday, he hit the nail on the head once again: Cheney's accident is not about a hunting mistake, it's about the secretive manners of this administration. I've rarely seen such a constant columnist. He himself draws up my respect for the Miami Herald. Apparently, I'm not his only fan (here, here, and even here on the right). Of course, not everybody likes him. I'm sure you will.

1 Comments:

At 5:01 AM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

Thank you ... he's grand!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home