Saturday, February 11, 2006

Green by Default

Following my entry on my daily commute, I've realized that it's a topic I'm quite concerned with. I detest commuting - I've never had any patience for it. In the past, I've even moved within the same small city to be closer to my new job. I'm also very critical of the way people commute. One day, I'll post about urban gridlocks.

When I searched for "commuting" on Technorati, I had the surprise to see the Private Sector Development blog from the World Bank, a personal favourite of mine that I've previously quoted, as the first result. It points to a lovely tool from BP to calculate one's carbon footprint. I'm proud to report that I only use 5 tons of CO2 per year, way below the national average of 19 tons. But the real reason is that I live in a brand new apartment and that I've no car. Yes, I have a few energy efficient lighbulbs and I try to turn off the lights when I leave a room, but I'm taking 15-20 minutes shower...

2 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger Misguided said...

I think you created a great banner.. but I bet you want to remove that extra "Bird's View" in black right in front.

I dunno.. maybe you want it there anyway.. but if you dont' I can help u remove it.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Mozza said...

Shoot, I made a beginner's mistake: I haven't tested my website in various browsers. It's a beauty in Firefox for Mac, clumsy in Safari and a complete disaster in Explorer. Yes, if you have solutions, I'm more than interested!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home