Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Empress has no clothes

Japaneses are considering allowing women to become empresses. To a Westerner used to Elisabeth 2 since the early 50s (and many others before), the only surprise is that it is not yet the case. But to a Japanese conservative, it's burning matter.

"If Aiko becomes the reigning empress and gets involved with a blue-eyed foreigner while studying abroad and marries him, their child may be the emperor," Takeo Hiranuma, a top member of Koizumi's ruling Liberal Democratic Party and head of a block of politicians opposed to female monarchs, said last week. "We should never let that happen."

(Princess Kiko Shocks Japan with Pregnancy, Washington Post, February 7th, 2006)

So, a male emperor couldn't fall in love abroad and marry a blue-eyed gaijin? I take this as a very derogatory comment on Western women. Ladies, don't let yourself be tossed around by those conservatives who doubt your virtue and qualities. Show them how to seduce an emperor.

4 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

Oddly enough, I find this offer lacking in temptation value however I am deeply curious about what you meant when you wrote 'Non-physical extreme sports' on your profile.

Is this a case of reading about mountaineering, base-jumping etc?

Kind and curious regards
Di

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Mozza said...

"Non-physical extreme sports" are activities that involve a certain amount of courage but do not threaten my body. It includes: commenting on American politics as a non-American, blogging aimlessly at the risk of losing my self-esteem and, most of all, convincing Western women to seduce the Japanese emperor.

Thanks for your visit and comment. Nice blog, you have.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

I see ...

And thank you for your kind comment about my blog ... I'm very sorry about exposing you to the Haggis Bashing.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Mozza said...

Your blog deserves better than the lame quick comment I put on it this afternoon. Although it already receives such respectful attention from other bloggers, I added it to my round of personal blogs and will make sure that I contribute more generously in the future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home