Thursday, February 23, 2006

Writely So

I'm not quite an innovator, but I'm an early adopter. It means that I like to be among the first people of the mainstream to adopt or at least try out new technologies. I usually hear about them in the media and will give it a look out of curiosity. For instance, I waited until the iPod came out to buy an MP3 player - which was back in 2002.

It's in that spirit that I'm currently using Writely, an online word processor. The first reason to use it is to collaborate with colleagues and friends on a document. No more single version that goes from one person to another - everybody can contribute at the same time or when they're available (instead of waiting for their turn). It seems simple, but it fosters creativity very much.

The second reason, which I pretend to have invented, is to collaborate with yourself. I created a "Gifts" file where I write ideas of gift. May I be at work, at home or visiting, I can always add an idea. Other ideas of self-contributions are "Health" (I can never remember when was the last time I had this back pain, doctor) and "Profiles" where I work stuff I learn about people I know (Gary doesn't like sushis!). I also suggest opening such a document for "legal" follow-up with an insurance for instance (I called you on the 13th to say this and you told me that, etc.).

Discover and enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home