Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Fast Feast

From a visit to Subway, came this existential question:

What's fast food?

This seemingly trivial question led to some serious thinking and theorizing. How does one thing qualifies as fast food or not. McDonald's is an easy culprit. But Subway can't be cornered so easily. It's not fried. It's not that fat.

I'll leave it at that for now and will get back with the answer than came out of a conversation with friends. Feel free to share your impressions in the meantime.

4 Comments:

At 3:17 AM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

Hmmm, first thought ... anything that I feel guilty about eating because it was so fast and so easy that it has to be bad for me ;)

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Mozza said...

Indeed, fast food as a "bad for your health" connotation. Maybe we should rethink that perception to say "either bad or too fast", so as to include the impact on our frenetic lifestyles.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

Indeed ... a recent frozen dinner ... salmon lasagne to be precise, led me to re-evaluate my understanding of fast food. It was stunning and is prepared to be stunning.

Bad food or fast food might be enough ... hmmm but perhaps it has to be bad fast food and fast food.

Lol, Saturday morning mind meanderings ... forgive me.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Mozza said...

We welcome all meanderings. And I think I'll test the "bad food" expression to test the reaction around me.

Have a nice Saturday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home