Monday, April 03, 2006

I change climate, ask me how

This is too good to be true. It's a veiled request for culture jamming from GM.

Chevrolet is asking web surfers to create an ad for their Tahoe. They provide images and music and you provide the titles. You can really write whatever you want. Any idea what to say for another SUV?

I wonder if GM doesn't mind the bad publicity and is actually using it to promote their truck. I mean, the image they provided - it's almost as if they gave us the narrative.

Anyway, here's my ad.

Update: The New York Times has an article on the topic. Looks like jamming the ad is what most people did.

10 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

Very cool (without being cold) add, Mr Mozza :)

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Mozza said...

Well thanks. Will you make yours?

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's mine!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Mozza said...

Fantastic, Dave! Congrats for avoiding the obvious environmental angle.

Now, a wandering woman really has to make hers.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

I don't know if this link works ... I'm a techno-gumbie sometimes, but this was my effort.

http://www.chevyapprentice.com/apprentice.php?country=us

I'm not a local so can't enter :(

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

sigh ... mortified ... please delete my comment ... big sigh, it didn't work.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

Okay ... it arrived later http://www.chevyapprentice.com/view.php?country=us&uniqueid=a4174cd8-16ad-1029-98eb-0013724ff5a7

It should work however, given my touch it may not ;)

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Mozza said...

Yesss, you did it!

But... wait... you're not even mocking the SUV! Or maybe I don't get it?

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

LOL ... I'm blushing ... I took it seriously, ernest little bunny that I be.

I'm am counting on you to delete my 3 very revealing comments ... sometimes, my dear mozza, I am dumber than a box of hair, writes the giggling woman.

Walking away now, hands in pockets, whistling ... ignoring gales of laughter from those who observed this exchange.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Mozza said...

Ahahah! I wouldn't erase the exchange: it's actually pretty funny and now part of the history of this blog. Thanks for your contribution!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home