Friday, July 29, 2005

Fundamentalist difference

Paul Krugman would be a blessing to Americans if only he was given a public space to express his opinions. Conservatives would learn little-known but useful facts such as:
"According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, productivity in France - G.D.P. per hour worked - is actually a bit higher than in the United States." (French Family Values, New York Times, July 29th, 2005)

At the end of his article, Krugman grabbed my attention by writing "Senator Rick Santorum, are you reading this?" Who's that Santorum? According to what I found, he seems to be a pretty funny guy.
"I have no problem with homosexuality. I have a problem with homosexual acts." (Sen. Rick Santorum's comments on homosexuality in an AP interview, San Francisco Gate, 22 April 2003)

Must be a comedian.

2 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krugman is my favorite writer on the staff of the Times. I've never seen someone produce such high quality work on such a consistent basis.

Krugman is one of those rare economists who make economics interesting. I envy his former students.

And on the other side of the spectrum, Rick Santorum is a high profile idiot. He's the Paris Hilton of politicians.

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Mozza said...

I agree with you. I discovered him when he came to give a lecture at my school. I had never heard of him before, so I wasn't too impressed, just curious. But now that I've been reading him on a regular basis, I have much more respect and interest in what he says.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home