Friday, July 15, 2005

Now that we found love

The sun's beaming, stress is behind me and, albeit in NY, my girlfriend's in love, mostly with me. What could go wrong?

An offer you can't refuse in Washington DC.

I had that clear in mind: no side wind will steer me away from my heartfelt goal: move with Miss Universe in NY (speaking of offers you can't refuse), in less than two months. Ever since, like a true pointing dog, I moved my focus slightly North and gave up on DC, my first terrestrial destination. So I was minding my own business when this tease came into my inbox "Job for you, great pay and amazing career opportunity in a city you've been dreaming of for 3 years." Exact wording. I forgot: "And nobody else will apply anyway since we don't circulate it very much". And I spare you the unbiased words of my friends to whom I asked for advice.

Is this a love vs. career situation? Needless to say that the gf is, to be polite, pissed. And so am I. Not at her, not at me, not at the offer. At life.

Offer should come - or not - Tuesday at the latest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home