Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Jump the Thames

Surprise: it's London 2012 !

I'm a big fan of London, but somehow I was expecting Paris to get them. I had been to both cities recently and felt that the Olympic spirit (or propaganda) was much more present in Paris. Also, I liked the heart shape of their giddy logo...

I was hoping that a detour through Paris in 2012 would revive - or at least preserve - the place in the olympics of the French language, one of the two official languages with English. Not because I'm such a fan of France, but French remains, with Spanish, one of the few languages spoken on all continents (yes all languages are spoken on all continents...). Cultural diversity fans, say with me "Vive le français!"

All of this by a native French speaker who writes a blog in English..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home