Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Unique in a crowd


This will be my profile picture for a while. Yes, I'm somewhere in there and no I won't tell you which one I am.

Nobody I know is aware that I have a blog. I want to engage with people without restraints, to share my opinions and interests without the judgement of my close acquaintances. There's something about the self-promotion of blogs that annoys me. I still haven't found exactly what. By being anonymous, I hope to escape it.

But I do so well, that so far, nobody's been hanging around here. The next best thing to have a few who never come back.

My secret: sometimes I think of telling my girlfriend about my blog. If it wasn't fun as a Wednesday afternoon in deep space, maybe I would. Let's face it: I am not the Maureen Dowd of blogging (she hits the top 5 of most emailed NYT articles with each column). I only find ink in my pen in very specific circumstances. Some of my friends think I'm a funny correspondent. I can be the (low) life of a party when I'm in the mood. But this gooddamn blog setting just doesn't get off the ground.

I say so just in case you came around and were thinking of coming back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home