Thursday, July 07, 2005

Layers of Information

If an archeologist of a yet unkown type digs my memory in a millemium or two for July 7th, 2005, here's what he'll find.

"Wow, those Gold Wing machines sure are monsters. I get the feeling that they were important to me when I was young. Maybe a friend of my father had one. I can't find it in those previous models. Yurk, what an ugly yellow for the 2001 model."

"Clive Owen blew me away in Closer. I think I could watch this movie again."

"Maïeutique, yes!, I remembered that word correctly"

"For God's sake, why can't there be a proper protocol for diplomats in French like the one from the US Department of State?"

"Women in diplomacy, now that an interesting topic, overlooked here at the office. I'll add it to the reading programme."

"When's the national holiday in Algeria again? It think it was recently. Oh no: July 5th is independence day and national holiday is "Revolution Day"on November 1st. They Algerians will be impressed."

"Why the heck can't I differentiate NTSC from PAL time after time? Ok, let's say the "N" in NTSC stands for North America."

"Pluckiness, that's funny word, but I won't remember it anyway."

And I lived in London for a year, right next to Russel Square, so the London bombings will be the first thing they'll find on my mind if they look for today. And for a long time. But that's for another post of its own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home