Tuesday, July 19, 2005

As fate has it

And the offer came.

A career in Washington DC or love in New York? Your pick? Both?

How can such a great job offer be such bad news?

The girlfriend is pissed and depressed and that is to say the least. She could already see us staring at the Manhattan bridge, like Woody Allen's lovers. And so did I. Is it so bad, to see each other on week-ends for 9 months? Well, it feels reeealy bad at least.

I asked for a 48 hours delay before giving an answer, so that I could think it through and get to an agreement with my girlfriend. But that doesn't sound long enough now.

Update: Last night, the girlfriend was at the ER from 2 am to 6 am because she had a nerve crisis, mostly related to this job offer. She can't stand the idea of being separated. Neither do I, but good God. She sure stressed the hell out of me. I mean, just wandering in the streets of New York at 2 am...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home