Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A Belgian in Mumbai

How come Belgium is the third exporter to India and Switzerland, the fourth? Beats me. It's not the only surprising data to be found in this visual essay (pdf) on China and India from the Deutsche Bank Research. The top source of foreign direct investment inflow in India? Mauritius with 59% of actual flows.

By the way, if anyone has an idea of what the Indians are exporting from the Swiss alps and the flat country, email me. I know that the International Trade Centre from Geneva must have the info, but you need a password to get into their database.

I love raw data.

PS: Once again, thanks to the World Bank's Private Sector Development blog for the tip. I'll vary more my sources in the future, I promise...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home