Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Empty Land of Plenty

Is it me or Washington DC is boring?

I biked my way around last week-end, going all the way to the southeast God forbidden section of the city. Wasn't that bad, except for all the concrete desolation. But I've not been scared more than two or three times. I'm glad I was biking rather than walking my my iPod.

It's on my way back to the northwest haven that I've realized that there wasn't so much to look forward to. There's no vibe in DC. I would say that there's a little bit of something in Georgetown, that acts as an "old town" as you often find (a proper) one in European cities. But for the rest, even the Mall and the Capitol Hill, there are too many federal building to create much life. It's architecturally interesting, even rather pleasant, but still, it fills like a perpetuate Wednesday.

Oh, I went to the peace protest and took a few pictures. Maybe one day, they'll make it to this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home