Monday, September 18, 2006

My green Giant

When asked if I do sports, I reply that I'm a cyclist. Not much of an athlete, but if there's anything that I both like and do regularly, it's biking.

About 8 years ago, I bought my first real road bike. It was a long decision process involving too many humiliating lectures by salespeople who loved their knowledge more than customer service. But in the end, I found my green Giant and I have a clear memory of leaving the dealership sitting proudly on it.

Ever since, I participated in amateur competitions, covered thousands of kilometers and commuted to many jobs and universities. My green Giant was both able to do it all and ill-adapted to all: sturdy but heavy, not-so-narrow, seat too low for competition and too high for commuting. It was the perfect bike.

Yesterday, Washington stole my bike.

2 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People who steal bikes deserve to burn in hell. As a fellow biker, I feel for your loss.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Mozza said...

Thanks. I say people who steal bikes should be forced to drive a car in rush hour.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home