Saturday, November 13, 2004

Famous last thoughts

What is it with the death bed? Why are people so afraid of what they'll think of themselves once they reach the finish line?

Personally, I don't mind being buried in regrets when Mr. Death will knock at my door. It's likely to last a few hours, maybe a few days, and at worst a few weeks. I won't spend 80 years behaving for that short moment. It's not like I'll be handed an accounting book with my pluses and minuses to carry all the way up to Saint-Doorman. As far as I'm concerned, the book will be buried with me.

I don't mind more about it than I'm concerned with what I was thinking of myself on April 5 1997 (random pick). I wish it was positive but if it wasn't, then too bad. I'll live here and now.

Don't get me wrong: I hope to leave his place better than I found it. I just won't be guessing what will be my opinion of "better" at the eve of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home