Sunday, September 28, 2008

She has the funny

I now await the TV appearances of Sarah Palin with the same anticipation and laugh-readiness as I do for Rick Gervais or (late) Mitch Hedberg: "This is going to be funny". I recommend reading George Saunders' essay in the New York, My Gal, one time and a half: it's funnier when you read her real words in the introduction again and realize that she speaks the way he wrote his text. I guess Saturday Night Live did it best when they simpled quoted her - it IS comedy material.

On the day she was announced, I wondered whether she'd be dropped from the ticket quickly. Now, I'm not so sure I want it. I think she's a burden and a clear signal about McCain's approach to decision-making. On the other hand, her election and proximity to the presidency is really scary. Is it worth taking the chance? According to the latest poll numbers, yes. So let's brace for the vice-presidential debate on October 2nd!

In the mentime, let's take the names of conservatives who defend Palin. They pretty much dropped their credibility in the process and can hardly be seen as intellectually honest defenders of an opinion.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home